Licensing Coordinator - Apparel and Accessories
Products Licensing | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Licensing Coordinator to work in our Apparel and Accessories department. The coordinate will provide administrative and project support to the Senior Director.
- Responsible for helping to oversee the development and marketing of quality product.
- Process product approval submissions and traffic forms to creative resources and business managers. Return all materials to licensees. Includes some independent review & decision-making.
- Coordinate and run line reviews and product development meetings with creative resources and licensees on a regular basis.
- Ensure product development is within contractual rights.
- Develop and maintain licensees’ files for all product submissions.
- Inventory creative assets currently with licensees and distribute creative assets as applicable and on an ongoing basis.
- Gather and maintain information for the creation of product development schedules including key milestones in process.
- Create and maintain product bibles for all licensees including line lists, product photos and catalogs.
- Assist in the maintenance of sample stockroom and inventory for all licensees, including archiving of samples. Includes interfacing with licensee on current sample requirements.
- Assist on multiple projects as they become available, prioritizing projects across multiple categories.
- Supports Senior Director by providing creative management tasks for additional key licensees.
Business Support including but not limited to:
- Assist in requesting, collecting and organizing line lists, sell-in & sell-thru data, retail updates, marketing & merchandising plans, etc.
- Coordinate business reviews, line reviews and product development meetings with licensees and creative resources on a regular basis, and attend when necessary.
- Schedule, conduct and recap recurring business updates with licensees.
- Assist in researching potential new partners.
- Stay apprised of competitive and marketplace trends via various means.
- Coordinate and gather quarterly forecasts from licensees and organize financial data.
- Assist with deal memo and other legal document preparation.
- Create decks, one-sheets and pitches for various internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate materials for trade shows, advertising, events and line reviews.
- Provides business management tasks for additional key licensees, including but not limited to, licensee performance analysis, minute preparation, deal memo preparation, meeting coordination, etc.
- B.A/B.S College Degree preferred
- Apparel/accessories and character licensing management experience preferred
- 2 years of work experience preferred
- Understanding of the components of commodity business based on sales and gross margin profitability as well as manufacturing process and development
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Ability to problem solve
- Computer Proficient: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Internet
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled