Internal Application: Licensing & Business Development Manager, Asia – Pacific
International Media Business | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Licensing & Business Development Manager, Asia – Pacific. The right candidate will be a highly motivated, business development professional with strong presentation skills and experience in licensing. We are looking for someone excited to use their talent and experience to help the media & education business for Sesame Street and new brands that we’re developing.
The Licensing & Business Development Manager for Asia Pacific is responsible for effective management and growth of Sesame’s business in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia. The Manager works closely with external licensing agents to negotiate deals, perform due diligence, and manage the business for long term success. The Manager also works closely with internal departments, such as legal, finance, domestic licensing, creative services, marketing, and PR. This position will be located at headquarters in New York City.
- Working closely with the Director, manage the licensing business for Asia-Pacific across all categories.
- Conduct weekly calls with international agents. Follow up on all next action steps from these calls as part of day-to-day management.
- Bring or develop an understanding of the Asia-Pacific kid’s media landscape – including knowledge of the market – and how it pertains to existing and potential partners.
- Help identify and assess new business opportunities. Develop and/or review business plans. Work with Director to set sales growth goals and create strategies to achieve them.
- Take the lead in preparing decks and pitches for various internal and external meetings, trade shows and events.
- Coordinate and gather quarterly forecasts from partners and assist in analyzing them to help effectively manage budgets.
- Perform due diligence for all Deal Memos and obtain all necessary approvals.
- Support the Director in the implementation and execution of departmental goals, as well as outreach initiatives for Asia-Pacific markets.
- Schedule and coordinate domestic and international meetings with key partners and agents.
- Monitor industry and competitive trends.
- Manage additional projects as assigned.
- B.A/B.S College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of work experience preferred of Business Development and Licensing experience, international experience a plus.
- Strong background with entertainment brand franchising.
- Proven ability to excel in an account management role.
- Able and willing to conduct evening conference calls with international partners one to two nights per week.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Especially strong experience with PowerPoint required, including crafting decks that tell a story.
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced environment, and independently with ownership of projects.
- A creative problem solver with attention to detail, who can juggle multiple projects and knows how to prioritize.
- 5% International travel