Domestic Licensing Department | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Licensing Assistant. The coordinator will provide administrative and project support to the Domestic licensing group.
- Manage calendar; arrange domestic travel plans and itineraries for the team, help coordinate trade shows, conventions, meetings and event planning where appropriate and when needed.
- Coordinate meetings (internal and external), prepare agendas, presentations and other materials; schedule conference rooms, coordinate A/V, food/beverage etc…
- Track current deal status in relevant business areas.
- Complete, track, organize and submit expense reports, department time sheets, and vacations schedules on an ongoing basis.
- Create and edit PowerPoint decks.
- Conducts internet research and compiles notes on prospective partners.
- Collect critical quarterly licensee forecasts, review and note variances and maintain running excel comparison chart.
- Maintain master excel charts for contracts, toy line lists, etc.
- Process and coordinate product orders from other departments: includes preparing purchase orders, processing invoices for timely payment, breaking down shipments for intra-department distribution, coordinating with Finance on budget code approvals, etc.
- Establish & maintain files (including contact lists) in an organized manner, including scanning and archiving when necessary.
- Distribute and archive product samples for Domestic Licensing.
- Perform various administrative & clerical functions & special projects (i.e. Trade show support) to support department as needed.
- Work with other administrative assistants in department and help to cover as needed.
Business Support including but not limited to:
- Assist in requesting, collecting and organizing line lists, sell-in & sell-thru data, retail updates, marketing & merchandising plans, etc.; Coordinate business reviews, line reviews and product development meetings with licensees and creative resources on a regular basis, and attend when necessary.
- Schedule, conduct and recap recurring business updates with licensees.
- Assist in researching potential new partners and staying apprised of competitive and marketplace trends.
- Coordinate and gather quarterly forecasts from licensees and organize financial data.
- Assist with deal memo preparation as requested.
- Assists in preparing decks, one-sheets and pitches for various internal and external meetings.
- Assist in the maintenance of sample stockroom and inventory for all licensees, including archiving of samples. Includes interfacing with licensee on current sample requirements.
- Create and maintain product bibles for all licensees including line lists, product photos and catalogs.
- B.A/B.S College Degree preferred
- Character licensing management, entertainment or related industry experience preferred
- Ability to take direction
- A positive attitude with a sense of humor
- Creative, media and trend savvy
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Team player
- Attention to details and extremely organized
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and “own” projects
- Ability to problem solve
- Attention to details
- Show initiative and be proactive in planning and anticipating potential issues and resolve them
- Computer Proficient: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Internet