Licensing and Business Development Specialist
International Media Business: Asia | Hybrid in New York, NY | Temporary | From $35.00 to $37.50 per hour
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Licensing and Business Development Specialist to cover a position during an upcoming maternity leave. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with knowledge about licensing and business development. As a member of the Global Enterprises team at Sesame, this role is responsible for effectively managing the Sesame Street business in Australia/NZ, South Korea, and Southeast Asia. Serving as the primary point of contact for external licensing partners, this position manages the licensing business in these regions across all categories. Additionally, the role involves seeking out and pursuing new strategic partnerships to further expand Sesame's revenue and impact in the area. This position is based at Sesame’s headquarters in New York City.
- Manage the day-to-day licensing business across all categories for Australia/NZ, South Korea, and Southeast Asia. Lead recurring calls and business reviews with international licensing agents. Negotiate deal proposals submitted by agents, perform due diligence, and secure internal approvals.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities. Research potential new business partners, develop new relationships, and present partnership opportunities for the Sesame brand within the region. Collaborate closely with the Senior Director to ensure alignment with regional goals.
- Liaise with various departments (Marketing, PR, Curriculum) internally for approvals and information sharing. Work with the Brand Creative department on the product approval review process. Coordinate with the legal department to review contract drafts and track contract status.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between external partners and internal stakeholders, including best practices, case studies, and general updates. Act as a brand ambassador, keeping international partners updated on Sesame brand and new initiatives. Create sales decks and pitch materials for meetings and events.
- Support the Senior Director in achieving departmental goals. Manage additional projects as assigned.
- Proven experience in licensing and business development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A keen understanding of intellectual property rights and contractual agreements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Availability for evening conference calls with international partners (typically once a week).
- Prior experience in the media industry or with a children's brand.
- Knowledge of international licensing markets.
- Experience in working with diverse teams and cultures.
Sesame Workshop is the non-profit organization behind Sesame Street and much more, standing for over five decades. We are pioneers in educational television and leaders in developing innovative and engaging educational content across a wide range of multimedia platforms for children around the world. With a mission to help kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder, we’re committed to making a positive difference in children’s lives globally, through our distinct mix of captivating characters and enriching stories.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity