Legal Coordinator (Part-time)
Legal | New York, NY | Part Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Part-Time Legal Coordinator. We’re looking for people with enthusiastic personalities, articulate communication skills and a detail-oriented mentality, to play a key role within our Legal Department team. An ideal Part-Time Legal Coordinator at Sesame Workshop, will be excited about working in a multi-tasking environment. An employee working with the Legal Department will attain hands-on experience about the deal-making process from the legal perspective.
- Performs client service functions by answering internal client requests, questions, and issues
- Updates various databases including the contract tracking log, contract request system, etc.
- Maintains the paper and digital filing systems
- Manages the document workflow and ensures relevant third parties receive documents in a timely fashion
- Coordinates and arranges meetings
- Assists department with planning & preparing of various events
- Participates in department meetings and other meetings/seminars
- Maintains legal records and possibly compiles reports from databases
- Performs administrative and office support for the legal team and fulfills other tasks as assigned
B.A. or B.S. Degree
Experience in an administrative or coordinator role
Excellent computer knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint) and technology savvy
A desire to work in an in-house legal department environment
Excellent verbal, communication and organizational skills
Knowledge of operating scanners, copiers and fax machines
Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately
Strong attention to detail & time management
Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.