Legal | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Legal Coordinator. We’re looking for people with enthusiastic personalities, articulate communication skills and a detail-oriented mentality, to play a key role within our Legal Department team. An ideal Legal Coordinator at Sesame Workshop will be excited about working in a multi-tasking environment. An employee working with the Legal Department will attain hands-on experience about the deal making process from the legal perspective.
Some of the things you may be focusing on as a Legal Coordinator:
- Performs client service functions by answering internal client requests, questions, and issues
- Maintains legal records; updates and compiles periodic reports from various databases including the contract tracking log, contract request system, document management system, etc.
- Supports management of document workflow
- Consults with tech partners in developing and maintaining legal department systems
- Supports the process of obtaining digital and/or physical signatures on documents and ensures relevant third parties receive documents in a timely fashion
- Maintains the paper and digital filing systems
- Assists department with planning & preparing of various events
- Participates in department meetings and other meetings/seminars
- Performs administrative and office support for the Legal Department and fulfills other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Technology savvy with working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and particularly SharePoint)
- Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately
- Strong attention to detail & time management
- Experience in an administrative or coordinator role.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer and systems literacy.
- Experience of operating scanners, copiers and fax machines
- Experience with web-based workflow systems preferred
- You have a desire to work in an in-house legal department environment
- You are comfortable speaking with and writing to internal clients to help them navigate departmental processes
- You possess excellent organizational skills
Sesame Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer