Junior Recruiter/ Coordinator
Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Junior Recruiter/ Coordinator to join the Talent Acquisition team where the person will be exposed to a variety of areas in this dynamic, creative environment. The coordinator will be reporting on a day-to-day basis into the Director of Recruitment. Junior Recruiter/ Coordinator will provide support to the recruitment team with duties that include sourcing, intern program administration, calendar management and onboarding-related activities within the human resources department. She/he will be, conducting research, engagement (externally with candidates and internally with hiring managers), managing interview logistics and supporting the TA team.
- Perform a variety of administrative support tasks, which may include sourcing, scheduling, coordinating and setting up meetings and/or videoconferences.
- Source candidates and conduct phone and in-person interviews
- Support Director with day-to-day management of Intern Program
- Schedule interviews and manage logistics for interviews across the company
- Support new hire and onboarding processes, including conducting references, scheduling and communication with departments.
- Assist with various HR-related special projects and reports on an ongoing or ad hoc basis.
- Perform a variety of other tasks as necessary to support the HR team and carry out day-to-day responsibilities.
- 2-4 years of experience supporting a large Recruitment team required
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Detail-oriented, well organized and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills in order to engage with people at all levels
- Able to take independent action to follow through on open items
- Able to demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and professional courtesy
- Proactive, and flexible team player who will pitch in on broader HR projects
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and a strong knowledge of the Internet (search tools, social networking tools, etc.)