Finance: Content Distribution | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Junior Accountant. The right candidate will provide accounting support for the Domestic Media end Education departments (Sales Sponsorship, Themed Entertainment, Broadcast TV, Product Licensing, Home Video, Publishing, Interactive, Programming & Operations, Digital Production, Marketing and Brand Strategy, and Education) including Royalty processing, cash application, Balance Sheet analyses, and accounting closes.
- Assist in various functions of royalty processing and accounting, including daily posting, month end closes and interfaces into the general ledger.
- Royalty statement review and preparation for input into the Rights Management system (currently Jaguar). Ensure reporting is in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Maintain cash and royalty logs for Domestic Media & Education in Excel.
- Assist in daily cash application in Rights Management System and resolve items that require research.
- Prepare 3rd party payments in accordance with agreements.
- Prepare quarterly accruals and balance sheet analyses of General Ledger (currently Comp-u-tron)
- Participate in quarterly meetings to discuss issues on missing statements and uncollected receivables.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
- B.S degree in Accounting.
- Entry Level, 1 – 3 years of industry related experience, a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer proficient – required: spreadsheet (preferably Excel); pluses: Rights Management System (preferably Jaguar), General Ledger software (preferably Comp-u-tron), and Reporting (preferably TM1).