Finance: Accounting Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Junior Accountant to help support the Corporate Accounting Department. The position entails reconciling financial discrepancies by analyzing account information. The Junior Accountant will have the opportunity to experience and learn several areas within the accounting department and contribute to our quarterly, and annual milestones.
· Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
· Assist with monthly account reconciliations for both balance sheet and income statement.
· Help manage the employee medical and benefit accounts and track expenses to budget.
· Organize and track the prepaid accounts and assist in monthly journal entries
· Prepare journal entries to support several areas in the accounting department.
· Help with building and creating spreadsheets and reports within the department for quarterly closings and forecasts.
· Stand in as a system back up when a teammate is on PTO or potentially become an administrator for one of the finance databases. .
· Assist in invoice process such as positive pay and reviewing the payment manager.
· Support the Senior Accountant for chargeback and allocation process for quarter closing and reforecasts.
· Ad hoc assistance to the accounting department where needed
· Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting from an accredited university
· 1-2 years of Accounting experience
· Attention to detail and extremely organized
· Extensive Microsoft Excel skills; Vlookup or Index/Array formulas, Pivot tables, Charts & Graphs a plus
· General ledger or experience a plus: Netsuite, TM1, and/or Concur a plus
· Team player who can take direction well
· Able to handle confidential information with discretion