Human Resources Temp. Administrative Assistant
Human Resources | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a HR Administrative Assistant for a temporary assignment. This position will last till the end of June but could go longer. Are you an ambitious, hard worker who loves working with people? Can you picture yourself helping others in a corporate environment? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, a Human Resources Temp. Administrative Assistant position at Sesame Workshop is for you!
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual with articulate communication skills and a detail-oriented mentality, to play a key role within our Human Resources team. An ideal Human Resources Assistant at Sesame Workshop will be excited about working in a multi-tasking environment. This individual will learn how a Human Resources department functions and supports a not-for-profit organization in the entertainment and education industry. Other tasks include customer support and office management.
What we offer:
- Foundational Human Resources Training
- Opportunities for professional development & growth with the Human Resources team
Who You Are:
- Ideally, you have a desire for HR exposure and enjoy creating processes of your own
- You pay strong attention to detail and are capable of managing your time appropriately
- You are able to handle confidential matters appropriately
- You possess excellent verbal, communication and organizational skills
- You are proficient in Excel and other MS Offices (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You enjoy speaking to new employees and helping them navigate issues
- You have a B.A. or B.S. Degree
Some of the things you may be focusing on as a Human Resource Assistant:
- Create, update and maintain human resource systems (ADP, PDS, Saba, etc.), personnel records and files
- Prepare materials for orientation(s) and new hire onboarding
- Perform reference and background checks using E-Verify and TalentWise
- Assist with payroll, benefits and new hire processing
- Complete Verification of Employment requests
- Provide customer service to organization employees
- Assist the HR department with planning & preparing of various events
- Participate in HR meetings and other department meetings/seminars
- Research and collect data for various HR initiatives
- Assist in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- General administrative support and ad hoc projects
- Support compensation process
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Experience with an HRIS database preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
Schedule: 5 days/week