Google Analytics Specialist - Contract
Information Systems | New York, NY | Contract
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Google Analytics Specialist. The GA Specialist will act as the technical liaison for our web analytics administration, implementation, and strategy. The individual will work closely with stakeholders from various departments to oversee design, integration, development, and validation of Analytics data for our Google Analytics/Google 360 platform.
The candidate will be a member of the Digital Media Engineering (DME) team, within the Information Services department, and will report to the DME Technical Project Manager. The position is located at our offices in NYC at 35 hours a week, at a rate of $40-50/hr, commensurate with experience.
- Administration of Sesame Workshop's analytics accounts, properties, user management, dashboards, and reports.
- Assist in the planning, design and building of data analytics suite in Google Analytics/UA/360 to setup properties for Sesame Workshop for a portfolio of web products, including websites (Wordpress and Drupal), apps (iOS, Android, Roku), HTML5 games, and other digital properties.
- Establish standard process, procedure and governance to; onboard, setup, maintain and track data for reach, engagement, performance and other metrics for Sesame Workshop digital properties.
- Analyze audience reach, engagement, and behavior metrics to avoid fragmentation of different business units needs and use cases.
- Support diverse stakeholders by generating custom reports according to business needs.
- Work with developers and digital producers to determine appropriate metrics and behavior to track on new and existing properties.
- Identify areas of inefficiency and develop methods for improvement.
- Four-year college degree. A technical degree is a plus
- 2+ years of working with Google Analytics (GA and UA) and familiarity with GA360 suite
- Hands-on experiences with Tag Manager, GA Admin, Audience Center and Data Studio.
- Familiarity with:
- Integration of Web services via Rest API
- Production process for digital products and properties.
- Queries, dimensions, and cross schema reporting
- Other dashboard reporting tools is a plus. Ex: Tableau
- AppFigures, Flurry and other Analytics tools is a plus
- Experience with:
- HTM/HTML5 /CSS/Java Script.
- Other front end languages (Phyton, NodeJS, PHP, etc.)
- Migrating of tags from existing properties (GA) to Tag Manager/Google Analytics 360.
- SEO, A/B testing platform (Optimizely).
- CRM software and email marketing optimization.
- CMS platforms including Drupal and WordPress.
- Jira, Confluence, or comparable tools.
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration, but also able to work independently.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to Detail.
- A critical thinker with aptitude to isolate and fix technical issues related to flow of data.
- Passionate about accuracy of data and its value to inform business decisions.
- Experience in media and/or children's education a plus.
- A passion for helping kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.