Global YouTube Manager
Content Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking to hire a Global YouTube Manager. The Global YouTube Manager carries out the programming plan and content strategy across the Sesame Workshop YouTube Network. The Manager will report to the Director of Content and Programming, handling all aspects of network management including day-to-day operations of the domestic YouTube Channel and work with local international teams to oversee global content strategy implementation and maintenance.
- Manage operations, video optimization, and viewership growth for Sesame’s domestic YouTube Channel, with oversight from the Director. Work with internal and external stakeholders to spearhead YouTube video rollout, including legal clearances, branding, content id, and monetization.
- Develop data-driven recommendations and provide insights and expertise to guide new content and repurposed archive content with the goal of driving content engagement, reach, and monetization.
- Manage Sesame’s international YouTube presence including:
- Overseeing the strategy and programming of Sesame’s International YouTube Channels.
- Assist operations based on level of territory-specific resourcing and expertise
- Act as a central resource to gather and disseminate YouTube best practices
- Oversee new market entry and support international viewership growth
- Support roll-out of dubbed content, SEO, thumbnails/design
- Provide technical onboarding and ongoing support for new local staff
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- YouTube Certified credentials are strongly preferred
- 2+ years experience working in the YouTube environment
- Expert level understanding of the YouTube platform and platform form tools.
- Experience in YouTube content creation
- Proven track record of increasing video views on YouTube or other platforms
- Experience with short and long-form video monetization/distribution strategies.
- Knowledge of YouTube analytics and video optimization
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Experience managing projects and partners
- Editorial experience, written or video, is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity