Digital Media Engineering | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a motivated Front-End Developer to work with our Digital Media & Engineering (DME) team within our Technology & Engineering department. The Front-End Developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a variety of digital products.
Please note: This position is full-time, contract position (35 hours/week) located at our office in NYC.
- Develop and maintain existing websites
- Translate designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure our websites render well across multiple devices and network speeds
- Optimize code for maximum speed
- Document extensively and maintain clear and frequent communication with project team members
- Outstanding team player who can handle multiple tasks, and show flexibility/attitude to complete projects on time
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent software development, design, and documentation skills. You aim to create software that works reliably and can be tested and maintained.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of development experience
- Open Source PHP CMS systems
- Symfony PHP framework and Twig templating engine
- Experience creating or editing HTML5 games/interactives
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Software – Bitbucket (GIT), Bamboo, Confluence, JIRA
- Familiarity with AWS services
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled