Freelance Script Production Assistant
Sesame Street Production | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Script Production Assistant to support the Sesame Street script department. The assistant is the point person for specific projects/scripts as appropriate. They help execute script distributions & hard copy script collation as our on-site rep during studio shoots in compliance with COVID protocol. Candidates experience the season writing process, pre-production, shoots, FAV screening of HBO deliverables, and participate in the daily operations of a children’s series script department. They will receive comprehensive training in Final Draft, and imeet, as well as an overall primer in the scripting side of television production, digital content creation, as well as live event and speaking engagement scripting. Ideal candidates should have an interest in writing, copyediting, and production.
Please note: The contract will be for 6 months initially.
- Format incoming scripted materials and prep for proofing before distribution.
- Assist in script distributions and file maintenance.
- Upload materials to appropriate drives and share spaces throughout the scripting process. Maintain tracking charts.
- Time incoming scripts to assist in run-time standards.
- Screen materials from Post & review against associated scripts to help the Script Coordinator create Final Air Version deliverable scripts.
- Set up & provide support for meetings as needed.
- Provide support to script supervisor, script coordinator, producers and head writers.
- Provide on-site script services during studio shoots in compliance with COVID protocol.
- B.A./ B.S. Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Candidates must be careful proofreaders with acute attention to detail.
- Copyediting, scripting, and logging experience required.
- Familiarity with Final Draft preferred.
- Ability to work independently toward team-based objectives, to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, follow instructions, and ask questions.
- Ability to communicate clearly & be an active listener.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity