Freelance Production Accountant
Finance: Project Finance | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Production Accountant to support a live-action series. This role is expected to be 35 hours per week and will run through December 2021. This role partners cross-functionally with Finance, Production, Payroll, Human Resources and Legal on all aspects of production budgeting.
- Review production partners cost reports
- Prepare the journal entry to consolidate production partner transactions with SW transactions
- Prepare cost report package for the distributor.
- Provide Finance with EFC revisions for Quarterly Estimate reporting on project
- Maintain Project Checking Account
- Enter all budgets into Movie Magic Budgeting.
- Provide on-site financial support when needed
- Set up house accounts with re-occurring vendors. (very few)
- Input monthly invoice bill back of costs from SW to project
- Manage the weekly payroll distributions for production. Maybe 3 or 4 employees at a time.
- Update production partner’s cash flow schedule, replacing estimate costs with actual costs and projects
- Process invoices and generate weekly check runs
- Prepare EFT and Wire Transfers for supervisor release
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Manage Chart of Accounts maintenance
- Provides ad-hoc financial analyses
- Manage a billing and payment schedule for each series
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent work experience
- At least 10 years of work in TV Production Accounting
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Movie Magic Budgeting experience required
- PSL accounting experience required
- Cast and Crew Payroll experience required
- Experience with Vista Accounting, Cache Cards and other Production Accounting programs a plus
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity