Freelance Post Production Assistant
Sesame Street Production | New York, NY | Temporary
The Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Post Production Assistant to assist in the day to day operations of the Post department for season 51.
Please note: This is a freelance position for 8 weeks with possible extension. Candidates must be local.
- During production: scan and copy PA scripts, label and track video/audio drives between the main office/studio/outside edit facilities. Assist the Post Coordinator with updating the audio looping chart.
- Delivering to HBO: label paperwork deliverables documentation and organize in online drives.
- Post Expense Reporting: track corporate card and PO form use, collect and maintain receipts.
- Assist in creating Post deliverables: Lower Thirds Spotting List, Episode Rundowns
- QC segments and files prior to delivery to HBOMax and PBS: operate Premiere for content and tech evaluations (check captions, DVI, DCS, etc)
- Manage and Update trackers: log all segment run times, assist in creating scripts and cue sheets from Loop trackers.
- Data Entry into Risetime
- Keep track of Post equipment (traveling to and from the studio, purchased for talent for remote use, etc.)
- Source footage and stock images for shoots and editing purposes.
- Mail and Packages: place orders through B&H and Jason, create postage for express UPS orders.
- Prepare PowerPoint and other visual presentations for meetings.
- Tape library research, finding clips to support editing projects and runs
- Build Calendar templates
- Submit orders to the Tech Ops department
- Maintain Post Team Morale
- 2-3 years of work experience or comparable exercised passion in post-production
- Adobe Premiere is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Google Drive, We Transfer, and other file-sharing programs
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proactive self-starter able to anticipate and voice potential problems.
- Forward-thinking, reliable, and respectful. Able to practice discretion and treat information with confidentiality.
- Must work well within a group
- Working knowledge and understanding of digital technologies, including CSS, XML, and codecs
- Interest in children’s media, children’s content experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity