Freelance Media Operations Coordinator
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Media Operations Coordinator, International Social Impact to support the production planning, budgeting, contracting, and development and implementation of asset management processes and workflows for audio/visual assets and physical resources. The position of Media Operations Coordinator for Sesame Workshop’s International Social Impact department involves:
- Supporting the Senior Director of Media Operations as well as internal and international production teams
- Assisting with development, execution, and tracking of schedules, budgets, and contracts
- Communicating with other departments within the company through various stages of asset management and archiving of production materials.
- Administrative functions including the creation of presentations, asset and workflow charts, and production manuals.
Responsibilities could include (but are not limited to):
- Draft and track SOWs
- Submit invoices and track payments
- Evaluate current archive needs and help to develop and implement improved systems
- Organize and inventory physical print assets and establish a workflow for future assets
- Collect and tag audio/video deliverables within Sesame’s digital asset management system
- Create and update asset charts and production documents
- Organize digital document storage and establish file structure, naming conventions as needed
- Provide support to Senior Director, Media Operations on researching technical innovations and emerging media platforms.
- Track puppet inventory to help fulfill production needs.
- Assist in the recordkeeping of invoices, payments, and contracts as it relates to production management
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Library and Information Science, or Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ experience with TV/Digital/Film/Media production or asset management
- Familiar with a/v assets from tape to file types, including technical specifications
- Strong interest in children's media and education
- Interest in line producing track
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong online research skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Capacity to work across multiple projects and with various teams
- Ability to work independently but also communicate ideas and recommendations effectively
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and across various time zones
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment
- Basic production, post-production, and social media experience a plus
- Moderate knowledge in production and editing software and tools a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Knowledge of Airtable a plus
- Experience with dubbing content a plus
International Social Impact is a division of the Social Impact and Philanthropy department that is responsible for growing Sesame Workshop’s global presence and initiating, implementing and strategically sustaining local brand adaptations to drive reach and impact. The team collaborates with a variety of international partners, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver educationally targeted, high-quality content through coalitions of local and global media, education, government, corporate, donor and civil society partners. International Impact must strategically connect and synchronize Sesame’s global networks at the regional and country-level and align content development with global development goals and global themes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity