Freelance Grant Writer
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Grant Writer. The grant writer will support the Philanthropic Development group’s efforts to secure funding for the Workshop’s Domestic initiatives from private foundations and government agencies. This position is responsible for a wide range of activities involved in grant management, the most significant of which is writing proposals, prospect research, funder reports, concept notes and letters of inquiry.
This position may also include routine contact with funders. Candidate must have excellent writing, organization, and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be a team player and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Write strong and compelling grant proposals and concept notes for foundations and government agencies
- Prepare interim and final reports for funders
- Maintain calendar for proposals and reports
- Work collaboratively with US Social Impact teams on project planning for proposals and updates for reports
- Support prospect and other research as needed
- Attend team meetings and serve as a resource on funder requirements and grant deliverables
- Manage/support the contracting process as needed
- Track grant and all prospect activity in Sales Force
- B.A. degree with 3-5 years’ development experience
- Mastery of written and verbal communication
- Strong online research skills
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel, Outlook, Sales Force and PowerPoint
- Proactive and a hands-on problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Please Note: Please submit writing sample that is attached to your cover letter.