Freelance Coordinator, Resource Librarian
Archive | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Coordinator, Resource Librarian. The Coordinator will report to the Manager of Archives and Collections, the Resource Librarian will be primarily responsible for coordinating the digitization, processing, access, and preservation of assets currently associated with the Sesame Workshop’s Legacy Collection and Digital Asset Management platform.
Please note: This is a temporary role which is also hybid remote/ on-site role in our corporate office.
- Oversees the digitization of Sesame Workshops Legacy Photography Collection
- Oversees ingestion of photos from the SW Legacy Collection in Digital Asset Management system
- Coordinating with the Senior Manager of Archives and Collections, processes and implements preservation measures for physical assets, as needed
- Coordinates with Marketing and Strategic Communications for Sesame Street production photos delivery at the wrap of every season
- Coordinates reference and resources for interdepartmental requests
- Prioritizes and responds to photography and book art requests, as coordinated by Sr. Manager of Archives
- Create and implement archival best practices for ingesting and maintaining digital-born visual assets
- Assists Senior DAM Administrator as needed in DAM maintenance and governance, as needed
- Assists Senior Manager of Archives and Collections on prioritized projects, as needed
- Requires the ability to lift, push, pull and/or physically maneuver boxes of materials (a maximum of about 35 lbs.)
- Sometimes work in storage facilities and other environments that may involve exposure to dust
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Hybrid working environment
- M.A. or M.L.I.S. in Archives, Library Science, Museum Studies, or related field with formal training in archives management and preservation or commensurate experience.
- 2 years' experience in an archival or library setting
- Proficiency with Mac/PC operating systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite a plus (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook)
- Able to work remotely, as necessary
- Familiarity with structuring and migrating data
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of digitization practices
- Familiarity with metadata standards and schemas
- Familiarity with Digital Asset Management systems
- Strong technical skills and comfortability with technology
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when handling confidential materials
- Collaborative and courteous attitude
- Organized, detail-oriented, an affinity for critical thinking and problem solving, and comfortable working independently
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment while effectively setting priorities, and adapting to changing needs
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and writing skills are essential for efficient interdepartmental communication and teamwork
- Courteous and helpful attitude in fulfillment of external requests and interfacing with the public.
- An interest in children’s media, education, and/or pop culture is desirable
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity