Internal Application: Freelance Coordinator/Assistant - Public Affairs & Corp Events
Corporate Communications | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Coordinator for Public Affairs & Corporate Events /Speaker Bureau. This is a temporary position slated to end December 22, 2017.
The position would primarily report to the VP, Public Affairs & Corporate Events in support of the Speaker Bureau. Additional support would be needed to assist the Events department with overall planning, coordinating, and administrative needs to execute events. The Events team is continually coordinating regularly scheduled calendar events and speaking engagements, while also planning for new initiatives and event requests.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Support the VP, Public Affairs & Corporate Events with fielding Speaker Bureau requests and proactively securing additional opportunities to elevate Sesame Workshop initiatives, content and business models with support, such as:
- Perform a high volume of outreach and research for potential opportunities;
- Develop and implement targeted plans and charts to follow speaker bureau activity;
- Partner with event planners to provide support to programming needs, ensure fit, and traffic service contracts;
- Speak—with clarity, purpose, and passion—about our organization’s mission and roster of visionary speakers;
- Represent speakers and company mission to a variety of potential hosts, including colleges, universities; corporations, conferences and nonprofits in the United States, and internationally;
- Stewardship of planned engagements, including coordination of logistics and facilitation of communication between VP, Public Affairs/Events, speaker and event hosts;
- Liaise with Communications & Events Directors who manage speaker communications and all event logistics;
- Work with the VP Public Affairs/Events to develop strategy to facilitate the short-term and long-term growth of the speaker bureau;
- Maintain a current database of conferences, workshops, event hosts and organizational partners;
- Arrange pre-program calls with VP Public Affairs/Events, representative and speaker to review platform and presentation expectations;
- Coordinate AV, travel arrangements, prepare travel packets, briefings, and meeting agendas as directed for speakers, talent and presenters;
- Provide event status reports regularly to the VP Public Affairs/Events;
- Administrative support such as answering phones, handling correspondence;
- Manage file inventory, assist with printing and filing important emails, documents, presentations etc.;
- Assist with shipments and scheduling messenger deliveries as needed for engagements;
- Create expense reports, coordinate speaker/event binders and briefing documents;
- Research venues, hotels, restaurants and travel options as needed;
- Provide additional administrative and onsite support for corporate & special events whenever possible.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of experience in event planning, office administration, conference planning or production is helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be proactive and able to work independently as well as contribute to a strong team.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and strategic thinking; results-oriented.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Proficient in time management
- Proactive, self-motivated
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Quick to learn new tasks
- 5 days per week (35 hrs/wk minimum)