Franchise Director - Sesame Workshop Europe
International Media Business: Europe | Munich, Germany | Full Time and Contract
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the non-profit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We are educators, creators, researchers, moms, dads, caregivers, and friends. We are a community of 400+ people with an amazing network of global partners who are passionate about one thing: helping children.
We’re present in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of non-profit and commercial businesses across media, formal education, consumer products, themed entertainment, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs. Through our globally-beloved characters, we provide almost two hundred million children with access to life-changing early education, critical health lessons, and helpful tools for tough situations.
Role: Franchise Director Sesame Workshop Europe
The Franchise Director Sesame Workshop Europe will be a key member of the European team located in Munich. In this position you will be overseeing the strategic and operational development of, Marketing, Digital and business development. This role will create and execute country specific brand campaigns and develop and implement highly effective marketing, digital, social media and promotion strategies for all lines of business. The role is hands-on and requires consistent delivery against measurable brand metrics as well as growing the company’s social media footprint and Kids engagement. In addition, this role will support Sesame Workshops Social impact activities across Europe. This director role will report into the GM Europe and will have a dotted line into global business leads at Sesame Workshops Headquarter in New York. Key markets are Germany, UK, Benelux and Spain and Italy.
- Design and implement Marketing and Brand strategies across multiple platforms targeted to Kids and parents
- Develop and implement brand strategies and action plans for individual European key markets focusing on Germany and the UK
- Develop activity plan and execution for the 50th anniversary of Sesamstrasse in Germany
- Develop and implement Social media and local You Tube strategies across all relevant platforms in key markets focusing on Germany, ML, Spain and the UK
- Localize content stream with local editors and creators
- · Initiate, evolve and service relationships with TV network affiliates, licensees on marketing, brand and social media
- Support brand business development across all LOB’s: theatrical, theme park entertainment and educational partnerships
- Prepare internal market reports and updates, conduct analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts
- Maintain and manage local strategic partnerships across SW’s Media Distribution, Consumer Products, Retail, Themed Entertainment and Education teams.
- Support to implement SW’s global social impact initiatives as relevant to key European markets, including but not limited to “See Amazing” (Autism), “Dream Save Do” (Financial Empowerment), “Wash!” (Personal Hygiene)
- · Deliver against a set of measurable brand metrics including, awareness, image and the social media KPI’s
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required, MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 8years of Marketing, digital and consumer products experience in Europe with a TV/entertainment, media, digital or kids’ entertainment organization(s), and/or related agency experience
- Solid knowledge of cross platform; digital and social media
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation), interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- experienced with working across multiple European geographies, with deep expertise in at least two key markets Proven ability to execute large volumes of diverse work across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated experience in executing marketing and social media campaigns
- Solid industry network contacts; well versed in recognizing and knowing consumer/brand/media trends
- Prepared to travel regularly to key markets and manage
- English and German language fluency is required, additional language skills are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity