Finance Manager- Temporary
Finance: Project Finance | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop has an immediate need for a Temporary Manager, Finance to oversee and own the budgeting and reporting for the Creative division. The position calls for a detailed oriented professional with a strong accounting background and working knowledge of project budgeting and reporting. The Temporary Manager, Finance will report to the VP, Finance and must be comfortable interacting with various levels of management and highly confidential information. This is a six-month assignment.
The ideal candidate is someone who can think critically, work independently and communicate information with both finance and non-finance team members. We are looking for someone who can take initiative, work collaboratively and see projects through to completion.
- Manage all areas of the accounting and finance functions for the Creative division, including general ledger and funder project budgeting, accounting and reporting
- Responsible for project budget preparation, budget narratives, monitoring and communicating financial status to appropriate program staff
- Generate monthly project cost reports and update the estimate-to-complete with the latest information from the project team
- Update cash flow reports and update project team on low bank account balances
- Prepare Month-end & Quarter-end Closes, including: G/L Maintenance (creating any necessary journal entries; importing monthly subsidiary general ledger data into corporate general ledger; monitor time-tracking system to ensure team members have billed their time to the appropriate funded projects
- Prepare financial reports for fiscal year budget and quarterly estimates; input any changes into accounting system (TM1)
- Review and approve weekly invoices & expense reports in Concur; review and approve union payroll. Ensure all spending and account codes are aligned with project (and administrative) budgets
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and provide support to the VP, Finance as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning, accounting
- Proficiency in Excel & Microsoft Suite
- Thorough understanding of General Ledger systems; knowledge of NetSuite and/or TM1 a plus