Fall 2022 - SIP Operations Intern
Social Impact & Philanthropy | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop’s Office of the President and Social Impact and Philanthropy Operations department is seeking a 2022 Fall - SIP Operations intern to help provide administrative support and focus on special projects. We are looking for a proactive, organized, problem-solving, social media savvy intern with an interest in non-profit business operations.
Two – three days / 16 – 24 hours a week. Days can be flexible.
The candidate must be available to help with a special in-person mailing project.
Projects include but are not limited to:
- Holiday mailing – creating mail merge and preparing packages for mailing
- Annual Benefit Dinner - updating master contact list
- Assist with moving, filing, printing, copying, data/contact entry, list/chart creations, and travel
- Conduct desk research and present results in an easily digestible, project-relevant manner
- Shadow and support internal meetings, assist preparation and notetaking
- Social media posting
Essential Qualities and Competencies Include:
- Candidates must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree and able to commute to Sesame’s offices located at 1900 Broadway as needed. We are operating on a hybrid schedule.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate to any audience
- Superb organizational skills, including keen attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively, track and follow up on various tasks, and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural settings
- Proactive attitude, creative thinker who achieves objectives through the effective use of available resources and downtime
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and other computer skills including social media platforms, file transfer and sharing technology, and web-based communication and call tools
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a willingness to learn and create a positive work environment
- Must be pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university
- Extremely self-motivated and flexible.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through with long-term assignments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Sesame Workshop’s Office of the President provides critical administrative and logistical support to the organization’s President, Sherrie Westin. The Social Impact and Philanthropy (SIP) Operations team is responsible for providing Sesame’s Social Impact and Philanthropy division support in business operations, financial / resource planning and analysis, process improvement, and project management of strategic initiatives. The SIP Ops team also oversees Sesame’s risk management and funder compliance efforts, assessing and identifying risks that could impede on the reputation, safety, or security of the organization, and ensuring that project activities, deliverables and spending are compliant with funder requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity