Fall 2021- US Social Impact Grad Intern
US Social Impact | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is looking for a US Social Impact Grad Intern. Seeking an enthusiastic and engaged student to engage in social media efforts, distribution, and projects on an as-needed basis within the U.S. Social Impact department. Will assist with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: distribution of materials, communication with community partners, social media efforts, and projects on an as-needed basis. The intern will work closely with the project management team and may assist in curriculum or content development.
We are seeking a student who is interested in children’s media, project management, implementation, etc. They should be extremely self-motivated, organized, and shows leadership potential. Must be able to multi-task and follow deadlines. Should be enthusiastic and a team player, while also being able to work independently on projects.
- Support U.S. Social Impact Project Management team in the department with project needs. Projects include: Sesame Street for Military Families, Sesame Street in Communities, See Amazing in All Children, and SO much more!
- Online research and reporting on topics relating to the projects that are being worked on.
- Provide professional, informative PowerPoint presentation support for the department
- Attend meetings and focus groups to take notes and observe.
- Assist in office administrative duties such as making copies, creating folders, preparing packages, and keeping inventory of Sesame giveaways.
Marketing & Communications:
- Develop content and posts for social media platforms including Sesame Street for Military Families and Sesame Street in Communities.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar for social media posts relating to the promotions, ad buys, and themes for the month.
- Develop monthly reports highlighting analytics and social media metrics, using Google Analytics
- Provide marketing support by creating and implementing new promotional ideas, campaigns, and social media initiatives.
- Manage project inboxes and distribute our print resources as requested
- Must be pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university, enrollment in a graduate program a plus
- Extremely self-motivated and initiative-driven
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through with long-term assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PPT
- Strong communication skills, especially in writing and by phone
- Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube etc.)
- Experience/proficiency in Photoshop or similar design program helpful
- Attention to detail and exhibit time management skills, including prioritizing, juggling multiple assignments, and meeting deadlines.
Sesame Workshop’s U.S. Social Impact department, in the division of Social Impact and Philanthropy, develops and implements philanthropically funded community engagement initiatives that service our nation’s vulnerable children and families. Based on fulfilling Sesame Workshop’s mission we created innovative, bilingual (English and Spanish), multiple media initiatives and resources that enrich children’s overall development through early learning basics, health and well-being and building resiliency skills to tackle challenging situations. There is a strong focus on localizing the implementation of these initiatives through key national and community organizational partnerships through individualized action plans and professional development. The initiatives are based on expert advisor recommendations along with on-the-ground research followed by measuring their impact on service providers, families and their children through independent summative studies.
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Sesame Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer