Fall 2021 - Social Impact Operations Intern
Social Impact Operations | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Fall 2021 - Social Impact Operations Intern. Sesame Workshop’s Social Impact and Philanthropy Operations intern will help provide administrative support and focus on special projects. We are looking for a proactive, organized, problem-solving, social media savvy intern with an interest in non-profit business operations.
Projects include but are not limited to:
- Assist with holiday mailing implementation; order and organize supplies and premiums
- Assist with moving, filing, printing, copying, data/contact entry, list/chart creations, and travel
- Conduct desk research and present results in an easily digestible, project-relevant manner
- Draft clever short social copy on early childhood education/development and Sesame’s initiatives/launches with relevant hashtags
- Shadow and support internal meetings, assist preparation and notetaking
- Candidate must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree and able to commute to Sesame’s offices located at 1900 Broadway in NYC as needed (please note, Sesame Workshop will be operating remotely until returning to the office in November 2021 in a hybrid capacity)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate to any audience
- Superb organizational skills, including keen attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively, track and follow-up on various tasks
- Active on social platforms and understand social culture
- Proactive, creative thinker who achieves objectives through the effective use of available resources
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and other computer skills, file transfer/ sharing technology, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
Two-three days or 16-24 hours a week. Days can be flexible. The candidate must be available to help with a special in-person mailing project during the weeks of 11/29/21 – 12/20/21.
Sesame Workshop’s Office of the President provides critical administrative and logistical support to the organization’s President, Sherrie Westin. The Social Impact and Philanthropy (SIP) Operations team is responsible for providing Sesame’s Social Impact and Philanthropy division support in business operations, financial / resource planning and analysis, process improvement, and project management of strategic initiatives. The SIP Ops team also oversees Sesame’s risk management and funder compliance efforts, assessing and identifying risks that could impede on the reputation, safety, or security of the organization, and ensuring that project activities, deliverables and spending are compliant with funder requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity