Fall 2021 - Legal Intern
Legal | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop seeks a Fall 2021 - Legal Intern to work alongside small, tightly knit team consisting of nine attorneys on a variety of matters including:
- digital and consumer products licensing and publishing
- product safety
- events and marketing
- advocacy, philanthropy, and social impact initiatives.
- television development and production
Please note: Please note that this internship is limited to law students based in the New York City area. Candidates outside the New York City area will not be considered.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Sesame Workshop attorneys, the legal intern may:
- Provide support for Sesame’s anti-counterfeit program, including managing takedowns, and negotiating and drafting settlement agreements
- Provide support for Sesame’s product safety program
- Review and draft varying documents including vendor agreements, third party correspondences, and licensing agreements
- Provide support for Sesame’s domestic and international social impact programming including reviewing and monitoring grant agreements.
- Draft memoranda on various areas of law
- Provide research and other assistance on various projects as needed
The legal intern should:
- Have a strong interest in at least one of the following areas of law: intellectual property, entertainment, corporate, and non-profit law
- Be intellectually curious, flexible, and interested in transactional law
- Have a passion to learn from and contribute to an incredibly active in-house legal team with unique, challenging and exciting matters.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States and must be currently enrolled in an accredited law school in their second or third year. Receiving school credit for this internship is optional.
Interns will be expected to work a minimum of 16 hours per week for approximately 10 to 15weeks. The work hours and duration of the internship are flexible as we will work around your school schedule.
October 2021 – December 15, 2021
ABOUT SESAME WORKSHOP
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity