Internal Application: Fall 2019 - Special Project Production Intern
Special Project Production | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Fall 2019 Special Project Production Intern. The Special Project Production Department at Sesame Workshop is looking for TV/Film/Video Production and Communication majors for a 3 day a week, 11-week long internship from October – December 13. We are looking for a proactive, ambitious, and detail-oriented intern who is interested in learning about all aspects of production.
The Special Project Production Team produces various content and social impact projects, including scripted studio segments with Sesame Street characters, animation, documentary films, live shows, home videos, digital content for theme parks and more.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a PA for studio and location shoots, including script distribution, set up of equipment, note-taking and observing the production process.
- Assist and observe the post-production process during editing, audio mixing and delivery.
- Support asset management needs, such as organizing and logging studio footage.
- Complete research and pre-production tasks for projects/shoots.
- Help/Shadow Sesame Workshop staff as directed.
- Review and log deliverables.
- Transcribe scripts.
- Attend brainstorm and production meetings.
- Meeting and event set up as directed.
- Taking notes at the screening of video cuts.
Technical Skills (but not required):
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Adobe Premiere
- Spanish Speaking a plus
- Students who are currently enrolled in a TV/Film/Video Production or Communication major.
- All years are welcome to apply, Juniors and Seniors are preferred.
- Hours per Week: 21
- Wage/Salary: $15 hourly
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.