Fall 2019 - Special Project Production Intern
Special Project Production | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Special Project Production Intern for a 3 day-a-week, 11-week long internship from October – December 13. We are looking for a proactive, ambitious, and detail-oriented intern who is interested in learning about all aspects of production.
The Special Project Production Team produces various content and social impact projects, including scripted studio segments with Sesame Street characters, animation, documentary films, live shows, home videos, digital content for theme parks and more.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a PA for studio and location shoots, including script distribution, set up of equipment, note taking and observing the production process.
- Assist and observe the post production process during editing, audio mixing and delivery.
- Support asset management needs, such as organizing and logging studio footage.
- Complete research and pre-production tasks for projects/shoots.
- Help/Shadow Sesame Workshop staff as directed.
- Review and log deliverables.
- Transcribe scripts.
- Attend brainstorm and production meetings.
- Meeting and event set up as directed.
- Taking notes at screening of video cuts.
Works Directly With:
- Special Project Production
Technical Skills (but not required):
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Adobe Premiere
- Spanish Speaking a plus
- Students who are currently enrolled in a TV/Film/Video Production or Communication major.
- All years are welcome to apply, Juniors and Seniors are preferred.
- Hours per Week: 21
- Wage/Salary: $15 hourly
- Able to take direction and feedback effectively
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail Oriented: Ability to work efficiently and effectively. Ability to keep self and space organized.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and create a positive work environment.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups as production needs develop.
- Initiative: Proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks. Uses resources well and creates projects to use downtime productively.
- Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Must thrive in a collaborative environment.
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled