Fall 2019 - Production Internship
Production Management | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Street Domestic Production is looking for TV/Film/Video Production and Communication majors for our search for a Fall 2019 Production Intern. We are looking for proactive, driven, problem solving interns that are interested in learning about all aspects of production.
*PLEASE LIST YOUR AVAILABILITY (DAYS OF THE WEEK YOU CAN WORK) AND AVAILABLE START DATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER*
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Assist in running the Production Office and taking part in Season 50 celebrations/shoots
- Assist with Sesame Street Digital Shoots in internal studio, including set up of equipment, script notes taking, and observing the production process in a green screen and blue screen setting
- Assist Script Department with script distributions and with the script revision process
- Edit lyric videos for YouTube, working closely with the Digital Producer & Associate Producer
- Complete research projects as requested
- Develop and publish an internal production monthly newsletter
- Meeting and event set ups as directed-participating in production meetings, writer’s meetings and table reads throughout the semester.
- Observe both creative and management aspects of production to gain a better understanding of how a Sesame Street episode is produced domestically
- Responsible for giving Sesame Street Set Tours to Make-A-Wish, auction winners, clients, and guests of cast/crew when in Production
- Sit in on the Sesame Street post production process, observing producers as they review edits and give notes.
- Work alongside the Sesame Street Film department observing pitch reviews, and the production process by attending weekly meetings.
- Complete daily pick-ups and drop-offs with mailroom as well as production runs
- Work with Production staff on special projects as directed
Works Directly With:
- Production Management
- SST Production
Technical Skills (preferred but not required):
- Final Draft
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
**Please note: All candidates must be currently enrolled students in a TV/Film/Video Production or Communication major.
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Critical Position Behaviors:
- Computer Literate: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiar with Final Cut, Final Draft, and Photoshop is a plus.
- Confident: Possesses and exhibits a level of confidence, but is able to take direction and criticism professionally while communicating efficiently.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to work efficiently and effectively. Ability to keep self and space organized.
- Enthusiastic: Enthusiastic and highly energetic ensuring a willingness to learn and creating a positive work environment.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups as production needs develop.
- Hospitality: Displays a positive attitude with a will to do whatever it takes to get a job done – big or small. Takes time to put pride into work, even in the details of small jobs.
- Initiative: Proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks. Uses resources well and creates projects to use downtime productively.
- Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Must thrive in a collaborative environment. Works on personal and professional growth with hopes of inspiring and encouraging growth in others.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled