Fall 2019 - Content Intern, US Social Impact
US Social Impact | New York, NY | Internship
The U.S. Social Impact Content Intern will provide project support for several new and existing initiatives within the department.
The U.S. Social Impact Department uses the Sesame Street characters to create free, engaging, and effective content for children and the adults in their lives. You can take a look at our resources at www.sesamestreetincommunities.org
- Support daily work of small content team by helping with administrative needs, development of content, and production of a wide variety of materials.
- Use attention to detail and excellent time management skills (requires an ability to prioritize, juggle simultaneous projects, and meet frequent deadlines).
- Organize, copy-edit, and proofread manuscripts and materials through all phases of the publishing and production process.
- Translate research and theoretical information into practical ideas and activities for parents, providers/professionals, and kids.
- Contribute creative sparkle and polish to ideas and activities to make them substantive for parents and providers/professionals to use when caring for kids.
Areas of interest/learning would include:
- Early childhood education or developmental psychology
- The publishing process, including the relationship between text, art, and design and how to meet the reader's needs
- Professional development for educators
- Must be pursuing a graduate degree at an accredited college or university
- Candidates pursuing a degree in Education, Social Work are highly encouraged to apply
- Some early childhood experience, preferably in the preschool space
- Extremely self-motivated and flexible
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through with long-term assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PPT
Schedule: Minimum 2-3 days/week, up to 4 days a week
What we offer:
- Exposure to content creation within children’s media around the different topics we explore
- Understanding of the implementation process for national-level projects
- Experience in an office/corporate environment
- Stipend of $20/hour
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled