Fall 2018 Corporate Events Internship
Corporate Communications | New York, NY | Internship
To gain knowledge and understanding of the inner workings of an Events department at Sesame Workshop.
Assist with daily tasks and special events planning. Some tasks will include:
- Traffick invoices, contracts and talent payments
- Coordinate event shipments of props, costumes, production supplies, etc.
- Maintain and file department assets, event(s), and presentation materials
- Photocopying, faxing, mailings, and answering the phones
- Attend and assist with events, SST Muppet and walkaround appearances whenever possible
- Research national vendors, hotels, event sites and services as needed for different types of corporate events
- Onsite support for local events whenever possible
- Provide support and research as needed for the head of our corporate affairs and speaker’s bureau
- Walkarounds: review and approve incoming requests, coordinate travel for handler and WA talent, secure handlers and performers, coordinate shipping of costumes and manage budgets
- Create expense reports, coordinate speaker/event binders and briefing documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook is a plus
- Must be pursuing a degree
- Must be an undergraduate Junior/Senior or a graduate student
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Salary: $15 hourly
- You will need to provide a resume and cover letter which outlines your goals for an internship. Hours are flexible and depend on the student’s class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.