Fall 2018 - Chief Knowledge Office Internship
CKO | New York, NY | Internship
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder since 1969. Today Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children. We’re in more than 150 countries, serving kids through a wide range of media and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, all grounded in rigorous research and individually tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. Sesame is a beloved household name in dozens of languages, and it means learning - and fun - in all of them. For more information, please visit sesameworkshop.org.
Intern Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Sesame Knowledge Network Strategic Communications
- Interview internal and external experts, and create an efficient technology-supported solution to assist in regular knowledge flow
- Assist in the creation of a Sesame Innovators Series—a periodic learning and knowledge development speakers’ bureau
- Conceive of knowledge office newsletter, a regular synthesis of leading trends, discoveries and innovations in the children’s media and tech fields
- Policy Research and Public Engagement
- Conduct landscape analysis of early learning think tanks, academic and policy institutions, focusing on potential allies and partners
- Assist in Sesame Public engagement campaigns (such as Census and ECE programs)
- Compile and analyze data and findings from policy-focused meetings to draft
- Assist in the development of the Sesame Alumni Network
- Database and website support and other assists as needed
- Event and program management Assistance
- Other duties as assigned, including writing (blog posts, memos) and administrative work
Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
All years are welcome to apply, Juniors and Seniors are preferred.
- Please Note: Applicants must be currently enrolled in College or University.
Critical Position Behaviors:
Computer Literate: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Confident: Possesses and exhibits a level of confidence, but is able to take direction and criticism professionally while communicating efficiently.
Detail Oriented: Ability to work efficiently and effectively. Ability to keep self and space organized.
Enthusiastic: Enthusiastic and highly energetic ensuring a willingness to learn and creating a positive work environment.
Sense of Humor: Ability to find the funny in most situations.
Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups as production needs develop.
Hospitality: Displays a positive attitude with a will to do whatever it takes to get a job done – big or small. Takes time to put pride into work, even in the details of small jobs.
Initiative: Proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks. Uses resources well and creates projects to use downtime productively.
Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
Team Player: Must thrive in a collaborative environment. Works on personal and professional growth with hopes of inspiring and encouraging growth in others.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Hours per Week: 17.5 • Wage/ Salary: $13 hourly
You will need to provide a resume and cover letter which outlines your goals for an internship. Hours are flexible and depend on the student’s class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sesame Workshop is Drug‐Free Workplace in an effort to safeguard workplace health, safety, and productivity.
At the Employer’s discretion, employment is contingent upon passing a post offer background check. Fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.