Executive Vice President, Creative & Production
Sesame Street Production | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Executive Vice President, Creative and Production. As Sesame Workshop embarks upon its next 50 years, the organization is seeking an accomplished creative executive to drive the content strategy, vision and execution of one of the world's most iconic children’s media and educational brands and organizations. Reporting to the President, Media and Education and Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Vice President, Creative & Production will play a pivotal role in the continued development and growth of the organization as it seeks to maximize its impact and navigate the opportunities and challenges presented by a rapidly changing media landscape.
In conjunction with senior leadership, the executive will be responsible for setting a content strategy – how to reach which audiences with what content when – that will keep the organization at the forefront of children’s educational media. Specifically, the Executive Vice President, Creative & Production will be responsible for the creative development, production, production management and educational curricula for the growing portfolio of original long and short form content within Sesame Workshop. The leader will also oversee the creative of all themed entertainment content as well as the production of all domestic social impact content.
In sum, the Executive Vice President, Creative & Production will help drive Sesame Workshop’s engaging mission-driven content and in so doing, will have the opportunity to impact children and families globally through the power of storytelling.
Size of Team
This individual will lead a team of approximately 50 people (six direct reports). The individual will be a member of the Senior Management Operating Team.
- Supervise the development pipeline of creative content (both Sesame Street and non- Sesame IP) for multiple platforms, short and long-form, for distribution on: HBOMax, Apple, PBS and YouTube, and more potential partners to come
- Represent Sesame Workshop creative product to the children’s media community
- Supervise the development of curricula for all projects in the creative development pipeline
- Pitch new projects to potential distributors
- Work with theatrical partners on the creative execution of their project
- Oversee all aspects of production for all shows, including but not limited to staffing, scheduling, writing, shooting, post-production and delivery
- Produce video content for social media and YouTube
- Reflect curricula and research feedback in show content
- Develop and manage the production plans and budgets for all development, pitched projects and production; support theatrical partners as needed
- Partner with Finance and Business Affairs to monitor cash flows and contracts for all cast, crew, facilities and talent, above and below the line
- Supervise video archive system.
- Keep technology up to date, including KAS technology, studio 3A, as well as other studios
- Work with the business team and themed entertainment partners to produce and oversee the content experiences for theme parks, live shows, and traveling tours
- Partner with Social Impact to produce content for philanthropic partners and Sesame Street in Communities website; topics focus on new impact goals each year, such as trauma, opioid abuse, foster care and homelessness
- Work with the International Sesame Street productions as needed to share best-in-class creative leadership and to coordinate on global content development
- The successful candidate will have significant experience leading a creative function or organization that produces original short and long-form episodic video/TV content. The executive should be recognized as a leader with a demonstrable record of achievement in the field.
- · The ideal candidate will not only bring a track record of content leadership excellence but will also have a passion and understanding for children, education, and early childhood development.
- · Previous experience in children’s media is highly desirable. Experience producing documentaries and/or digital interactive media for children is of interest.
- The individual must be a strong manager of people and teams who is committed to their development and growth. The candidate will have the ability to lead a team in a highly creative environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled