Joan Ganz Cooney Center | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Event Manager for a 6-month temporary position. We are seeking an organized, self-guided and detail-oriented part-time Events Manager who will play a key role on the Joan Ganz Cooney Center team. The Event Manager will work with the team to establish timelines and budgets, manage invitation lists, and communicate with stakeholders.
Please note: This is a 6 month temporary position with the possibility for renewal and/or longer-term role at the Cooney Center.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent project management skills, and is comfortable juggling multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail
- Has designed and executed high-profile events of more than 100 participants
- Possesses a strong network of local vendors, consultants, venues, and other external resources needed to execute events
- Ensure the smooth execution of all operations related to all Joan Ganz Cooney Center events.
- Vet and hire vendors, consultants, venues and other external resources needed in the execution of events
- Manage event budgets, direct costs, invoicing and accounts payable processes
- Develop and manage event staffing plan and direct staff onsite
- Manage and direct onsite staff and team members to ensure successful event delivery
- Coordinate with Sesame Workshop’s events team as necessary
- Communicate with VIPs and senior stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner
- Manage and disperse participant travel reimbursements
- 5 years experience managing events
- Solid working knowledge of event products, production and logistics
- Fluency managing event budgets, venues, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent project management skills, including setting production milestones, tracking deadlines, and creating and managing budgets
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with database software such as Salesforce and Pardot
- Ability to fulfill flexible working hours during busy periods; ability to travel occasionally
About the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop
Named after the pioneer who created Sesame Street, The Joan Ganz Cooney Center is a research and innovation lab focused on the challenges facing children in a rapidly changing media and educational landscape. Based at its parent organization, Sesame Workshop, the Joan Ganz Cooney Center provides thought leadership in the realms of research, policy, and talent development to improve the education, health, and social wellbeing of children around the world. Through this work, the Center seeks to expand the Workshop’s impact as a global educational force for change, and to advance its important mission to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger and kinder.