Email Marketing Manager
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Street is looking for a Email Marketing Manager to strategize and develop email campaigns designed to drive audience growth, donor growth, and engagement. This individual will help shape our email marketing program through testing, application of channel best practices, and creative innovation.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience growing email newsletter and messaging programs as measured by an increase in subscribers, email engagement, and donations, and other revenue tied to a newsletter.
- Work with stakeholders to achieve editorial excellence across our newsletter products with a focus on developing compelling content that drives conversion
- Own the campaign development process from creation through deployment (e.g. content development, build, deployment, and analysis).
- Ideate, lead and implement a/b tests to grow audience, donors, and engagement, fostering a test & learn culture
- Own postcampaign analysis by measuring and establishing KPIs, describe trends through weekly/monthly/ad-hoc reporting of results, sharing key insights to stakeholders
- Work with internal and external resources to come up with impactful, engaging copy and visuals
- Identify effective ways to better target subscribers via segmentation & personalization tactics, working closely with Salesforce and development teams
- 5+ years of overall marketing experience with at least 3 years of email marketing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert knowledge in email best practices (creative, templates, content calendar, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, etc), serving as the channel ambassador for the company
- Understanding of deliverability, CAN-SPAM, GDPR compliant practices
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS coding
- Data-oriented, able to interpret metrics and large data-sets and make decisions based on analysis
- Extremely detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, self-directed work style
- Ability to make sound recommendations and clearly and persuasively represent a point of view to a lay audiences with various levels of email marketing knowledge
- Experience with ESP services like Pardot and/or similar software that allows marketing automation