Director, Talent Outreach and Inclusion
Sesame Street Production | New York, NY | Full Time
Director, Talent Outreach and Inclusion at Sesame Workshop will be responsible for defining and reinforcing a company-wide diversity and inclusion strategy for creative and production talent at Sesame Workshop. They will develop and lead strategies and execution of creative programs and initiatives such as the Sesame Workshop Writers’ Fellowship Program. They will engage in all aspects of content development and generate new program ideas for kids and families.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Direct all aspects of the annual Writers’ Room Fellowship program
- Act as a mentor and coach to all current Writers’ Fellowship participants and alumni to develop and create career momentum
- Maintain and contribute to databases and tracking systems for production talent (writers, directors, composers, artists, etc.)
- Create talent recommendation lists for creative executives and showrunners recommending both appropriate talent from the department’s database. Talent includes, but is not limited to, live-action and animation writers, directors, composers, artists, below the line, etc.
- Content Assessment by providing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) notes for live-action and animation content including but not limited to scripts, artwork, cuts, etc.
- Track and deliver diverse talent data on a regular basis as directed
- Prepare and participate in presentations and panel discussions to amplify Talent Outreach and Inclusion efforts as well as Sesame Workshop’s overall commitment to DEI
- Engage with external partners in identifying talent and resources for content including cultural consultants for potential production recommendations
- Partner with Coming Together Content Task Force in development and production of racial justice content
- Work directly with producers, creators, writers and distributors to develop show materials, providing feedback on all key creative such as scripts, designs, casting, music, etc.
- Represent Sesame as needed at job fairs, industry events and media association gatherings
- Represent Sesame and be an active member of media associations, industry groups, trade associations and other media affinity groups
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Experience Recruiting in production environments
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity