Director, Social Impact and Philanthropy Operations
Social Impact & Philanthropy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking to hire a Director, Social Impact and Philanthropy (SIP) Operations. The Director, SIP will report to the Senior Vice President, Social Impact and Philanthropy Operations, providing Sesame’s Global Social Impact and Philanthropy division support in business operations, financial / resource planning and analysis, and project management of strategic initiatives. The Director, SIP Operations will also collaborate closely with Sesame Workshop’s Risk and Compliance lead to monitor and support SIP project teams to ensure activities, deliverables and spending are compliant with funder requirements.
The right candidate should understand and embrace the mission of Sesame Workshop and the Social Impact and Philanthropy Group (SIP). Should be a positive team player, willing to work both behind the scenes and center stage, have strong organizational skills, high emotional intelligence, and be capable of carrying out multiple projects while prioritizing tasks.
Please note: This position is located in NYC. Candidates should be local.
Finance and Business Operations:
- Assist SVP, SIP Operations with the development and close monitoring of budgets (annual division, department and project-based), personnel and resource plans, and strategic roadmaps through proactive coordination with Strategy and Finance partners and SIP program staff.
- Identify, analyze and make the case for improvements across SIP, including but not limited to improved resourcing planning, time tracking, cost recovery, budgeting, expense management, approvals and delegation of authority.
SIP Strategic Initiatives, Special Projects & Presentations:
- Assist the SVP, SIP Operations with the project management and execution of strategic initiatives across the division, as well as actively monitor progress throughout each year.
- Work with SIP leadership team to develop reports and presentations.
- Manage and execute a portfolio of special projects, as needed.
- Process Improvement: Work with teams across six departments and three international country offices to execute improvements to internal and external processes, so that the SIP division operates as efficiently and effectively as possible – from both financial performance and ways of working perspective
Risk & Compliance:
- Collaborate with Sesame’s Risk and Compliance lead to continue to build a comprehensive approach to risk management for the organization.
- Monitor and provide support to project teams and country offices to ensure activities, deliverables and expenses are compliant with funder requirements.
- BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of related work experience ideally in nonprofit operations, finance, or business affairs in a non-profit, government or management consulting setting
- Proactive problem-solving skills, including the ability to draw insights from data (financial, operational and otherwise) and develop recommendations
- Strong analytical skills, including financial analysis and modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to write effectively and communicate ideas with PowerPoint decks
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, including thinking through and executing change management strategies
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, and discern when to act independently
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities
- MBA desirable, but not required
- Strong knowledge of nonprofit organizations, policy issues and NGOs
- Strategy or business development experience preferred, including building and analyzing business plans
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity