Director, Sales Sponsorship & Strategic Partnerships
Sales Sponsorship | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking to hire a Director, Sales Sponsorship & Strategic Partnerships. The right candidate will have experience with sales outreach, lead management, prospecting, and closing deals. The Director will drive new business outreach and focus on bringing in new sponsorship partners. They will also support the relationships with their new partners. Primary responsibilities include sales outreach, prospecting, marketplace analysis and partner management.
Business Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pursue new business for our strategic partnerships team through prospecting and outreach
- Experience pitching and leading sales efforts
- Analyze and understand the competitive marketplace to look for new potential partners
- Ability to close new business deals and work through all aspects of the sales process
- Create PowerPoint decks, one-sheets and pitch presentations for various internal and external meetings.
- Work closely with market research and other internal teams to get statistics for presentations
- Research potential partners to customize decks based on their needs and pain points
- Lead the contract process for any new partners
- Liaise with internal and external legal departments to ensure timely execution of sponsorship agreements while remaining fully engaged with all stakeholders throughout the process
- Manage the relationships with new partners & agents
- Lead the Music & Clip Licensing business for Sesame Workshop
- Coordinate with Marketing & PR departments to develop materials for trade shows, advertising and events.
- Special projects as assigned.
- B.A/B.S College Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of work experience with at least 3 years working in Sales
- Experience prospecting and looking for new partnerships
- Marketing and/or client management experience
- Takes direction and learns quickly under tight timelines
- Can juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Comfortable working independently and “owning” projects
- Creative, media and trend savvy with excellent presentation skills
- Attention to details and extremely organized
- A team play who works well under pressure and in fast paced environments
- Demonstrates initiative and solves problems
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity