Director, International Brand Marketing
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop seeks a Director, International Brand Marketing who is a passionate, creative, and collaborative individual to oversee international marketing efforts for our Social Impact and Media & Education divisions.
The International Marketing Director is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans and strategies to elevate the overall brand and mission of Sesame Workshop and its growing international programs. In collaboration with the Brand Creative, Strategic Communications, Production, Social Impact, and international business teams, the Director will support program, distribution, and partner-related needs, including launch campaigns, franchise planning, licensing, brand management, and creative development.
Our International Social Impact programs reach many children who would otherwise have little or no access to early childhood education and support all aspects of children’s development – including cognitive development in areas such as early literacy and math, healthy habits, and social-emotional well-being and resilience. Our International Media & Education business is responsible for the distribution, licensing, and themed entertainment of our Sesame Workshop properties across the globe.
Major focuses for this role will be conceptualizing and overseeing marketing campaigns, developing marketing and sales collateral, implementing cross-market strategies, integrating our commercial domestic marketing efforts globally, and identifying opportunities to elevate Sesame Workshop’s nonprofit mission.
The International Marketing Director serves as a liaison between the business area stakeholders and the Brand Creative team, assuming responsibility for the account plan and development of projects. He/she must be familiar with traditional marketing strategies and best practices and possess strong communication skills.
Please note: Candidates should be local
- Serve as lead for Sesame Workshop’s international marketing efforts, including key territories such as South Africa, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Australia, China, Japan, Germany, and Mexico
- Develop marketing campaigns at all stages of the funnel, working alongside country and business teams and the Marcom team to explore new ways to increase brand awareness and engagement
- Understand market needs to build unique and differentiated positioning and messaging that drive results while staying in-line with Sesame Workshop’s overarching brand
- Develop, build, and manage our international brand presence; ensure brand consistency across all programs, communication channels, and partnerships
- Explore opportunities to elevate Sesame Workshop’s nonprofit mission to help kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder
- Provide strategic counsel and develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with aligned stakeholders
- Recommend and advise on options and capabilities utilizing marketing and communications best practices and channel knowledge
- Work hand in hand with Brand Creative and Production to oversee the development of marketing assets, including promo campaigns, project style guides, social media toolkits, and event-related materials
- Conceive and develop dynamic marketing collateral that communicates to external audiences in creative and compelling ways, including sales materials, presentations, and fact sheets
- Oversee photo/video shoots and the development of new videos, including drafting creative briefs, writing scripts, and identifying and securing creative resources
- Author creative brief content for completeness and actionable content that will enable the creative team to create on-target deliverables for the stakeholder
- Partner with business area stakeholders to enhance creative brief quality and identify key messages
- Collaborate with designers and writers to ensure product delivers on stakeholder promises
- Review products for quality, consistency, accuracy, and advancement of the visual and verbal brand in design reviews, and ensure that consistent image/message is conveyed across the stakeholder’s products
- Appropriately balance stakeholder desires, business needs, marketing standards, and brand identity
- Collaborate with Strategic Communications team on editorial calendar and tentpole opportunities
- Work closely with Social Media team to plan and implement social media efforts for program announcements, global awareness days, and partner campaigns
- Leverage research, reports, and data to support stakeholder business solution strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of international marketing experience; expertise in the non-profit space a plus
- Expertise in applicable applications and tools such as Microsoft Office and project management software. Expert skills in PowerPoint.
- Seasoned media professional, preferably in children’s media
- Ability to travel outside the United Stated as needed
- The role requires international travel up to 10-20% of the time, which includes overnight trips
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Adept at crisis management, resourceful, and solution-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize deadlines
- Proven track record of developing successful marketing and communications plans
- Well-rounded strategic marketer who wants a broad scope of ownership and is hungry to make an impact
- Strong creative skills; excellent communicator who can bring together a brand story through a variety of mediums from writing, video, and events
- Demonstrated experience building successful cross-functional relationships at all levels
- Strong multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills who can pay close attention to detail
- Affinity for philanthropic work and making a difference for children in need
- Broad understanding of traditional and emerging channels
- Knowledge of marketing best practices in the B2C and B2B fields
- Ability to gain deep knowledge in specific channels or vertical markets as required by specific stakeholder’s business unit and larger organization’s industry
- Ability to partner with stakeholders to write thorough and actionable creative briefs
- States opinions clearly and can verbally update stakeholders on project status
- Pragmatic with creative business strategies, always keeping an eye on the objectives of the assignment
- Listens well and incorporates others’ viewpoints into project management process
- Foreign language skills a plus
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity