Internal Application: Director - Industry Partnerships, Joan Ganz Cooney Center (PT)
Joan Ganz Cooney Center | New York, NY | Contract
Director of Industry Partnerships, Joan Ganz Cooney Center (Part-Time Position)
The Joan Ganz Cooney Center seeks a Director of Industry Partnerships to design and support work connecting researchers with product developers and content producers. This individual will be tasked with developing one or more new lines of work that leverage insights from learning sciences and other fields to maximize the potential impact of new children’s media and technology products.
This role will support the Executive Director’s efforts to build programs and secure partnerships in the near and long term. Activities will include engaging advisors and experts, developing a business plan for engaging clients with a menu of services, launching industry facing strands of work, and initiating revenue-generating projects. The position involves content curation, meeting facilitation, authorship of white papers, writing proposals, customer engagement, and business development.
- Engage the Cooney Center’s National Advisory Board, experts, and potential clients in the shaping of an industry partnership strategy
- Develop partner engagement assets for internal and external use such as ideal customer profiles, definition of offerings, and related communications materials for optimal partner engagement
- Generate business development opportunities including lead generation and nurturing potential partnerships
- Develop a master plan for industry partnerships that includes defining strategic directions, goals, and staffing requirements
Candidates for the position should have a proven track record of successfully building and implementing successful programs, generating successful partnerships and leads with industry, and working with startup or small organizations. They must have excellent communication skills and work well on a team.
- 7+ years of experience in education, research, and design
- 5+ years of experience in project leadership positions or functions
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline a plus, or equivalent years of experience
- Passion for the Cooney Center’s mission
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills