Director, Human Resources
Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Director, Human Resources. The Director will have the dual role of being a Human Resources Partner for internal clients and focus on a functional HR discipline in the department.
The individual’s HR Partner responsibilities will span across working with clients on staff relations, hiring and recruiting, performance management, compensation, organizational development & training and benefits.
The individual’s functional responsibilities will be in one of two areas depending on the person’s background. The person will serve as the lead for the benefits function or an active partner with the Director of Recruitment in staffing.
The Director will become an integral part of a small and nimble HR team that designs and executes initiatives, programs and services that build the organization’s capacity to deliver on the mission of making kids smarter, stronger and kinder.
- Advising managers and employees in all HR functional areas
- Leading the design and operations for a comprehensive employee benefits program, or
- Actively partnering with Director of Recruitment on sourcing and selecting candidates for all levels of job openings across the organization
- Helping to implement new employee policies and programs
- Creating HR data and trend reports to facilitate decision-making and human resources planning
- Evaluating HR practices, procedures and policies to ensure legal compliance
- Participating in special projects
The Ideal candidate will be experienced human resources professional from a for-profit or not-for-profit ‘best practices’ environment who is:
- Comfortable operating both on a strategic and operational, hands-on level
- Familiar with and enthusiastic about implementing HR best practices
- Accessible and effective in dealing with people at all levels in the organization
- Savvy about leveraging systems and software to operate the department more efficiently
- Able to analyze problems qualitatively and quantitatively
- Effective team player
- At least 8 years’ human resources experience in large or medium business/organization
- Depth of experience in at least one of two HR areas, preferably benefits and/or staffing and recruiting
- Working knowledge of applicable employment and ERISA laws
- International HR experience desirable
- B.A., B.S. or advanced degree desirable
- Experience with ADP and Org Plus helpful