Director, Content Research and Evaluation
Research | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Director, Content Research and Evaluation. This position will work with Research, Education, Outreach, and Production teams to ensure that background, formative, and summative research is of high quality and impact. This position requires excellent oral and written skills, knowledge of child development, adult learning theory, education, and mixed methods research methodologies.
- Design and coordinate research to ensure common understanding of the needs and goals of research work and ensure a high standard of research reports
- Work closely with Creative and Education teams and translate research into actionable insights and recommendations
- Communicate research findings and actionable recommendations internally and externally; represent Sesame Workshop at conferences as appropriate
- Provide guidance to direct reports on formative research; build teams’ formative research capacity as necessary; work closely with teams to design formative studies to ensure that they are timely and useful for production
- Support teams in data analysis and report writing to ensure effective communication of formative results.
- Provide ongoing mentorship, support, and training in formative research so that teams continue to build on their skills and studies continue to improve.
- Manage research across projects; communicate with funders as needed to ensure research is realistic and of expected quality
- Develop research designs for new projects and proposals; provide support for fundraising efforts
- Partner with the department head and SVP/EVPs to develop perspectives on SW’s research agenda and long-range plan
- Provide thought leadership on diverse research methodologies, funding pathways, and strategic direction and growth
- Ph.D. in Education, Child Development, Educational Psychology, Communications, or similar field with an emphasis on media research (digital and television)
- 2-3 years of experience in a research role with a relevant media organization
- Experience conducting, overseeing, or collaborating research across multiple clients
- Excellent organizational skills, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, and ability to leverage both to communicate program impact
- Strong grasp of statistics and experience with statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R)
- Experience working with and researching children and the adults who care for them
- Experience working with research vendors and evaluating research proposals
- Team play with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Ability to adapt to a variety of cultural settings and circumstances.
- Availability to travel domestically (up to 25%)
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and internet navigation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity