Internal Application: Director, Accounting
Finance: Content Distribution | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop has an immediate need for a Director of Accounting to oversee the financial accounting and reporting for the all live action Sesame Street production. The position will act as the main interface between the production management team and the corporate finance group to ensure all financial aspects of production are accurately reflected in Sesame Workshop’s corporate budgets, estimates and actual results. The position calls for a detail-oriented professional with a strong accounting background and knowledge of production budgeting and reporting. The Director, Accounting will report to the VP, Finance and must be comfortable interacting with various levels of management and highly confidential information.
The ideal candidate is someone who can think critically, work independently and communicate information with both finance and non-finance team members. We are looking for someone who can take initiative, work collaboratively and see projects through to completion.
- Manage areas of the corporate accounting and finance functions for the Sesame Street Production division, including general ledger, budgeting, ac counting and reporting
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the major points of the show and special budgets, monitoring and communicating financial changes to VP -Creative and other Senior staff
- Generate monthly project cost reports and update the estimate-to-complete with the latest information from the project team
- Update cash flow reports and alert project team on low bank account balances
- Prepare Month-end & Quarter-end Closes, including: G/L Maintenance (creating any necessary journal entries); importing monthly subsidiary general ledger data into corporate general ledger; monitor time-tracking system to ensure team members have billed their time to the appropriate funded projects
- Prepare financial reports for fiscal year budget and quarterly estimates; input any changes into accounting system (TM1)
- Review and approve weekly invoices & expense reports in Concur; review and approve union payroll. Ensure all spending and account codes are aligned with project (and administrative) budgets
- Oversee process to generate production tax credits for all eligible series
- Liaison /Support Sesame Street Production Management team on all Sesame-related projects.
- Support Sesame Production Accountant and Production Management team
- Prepare Sesame monthly billback invoice with support to Sesame entity. Prepare upload entry to/from Sesame entity to Parent Company general ledger. Reconcile inter-company cash accounts.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and provide support to the VP, Finance as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting
- Proficiency in Excel & Microsoft Suite
- Thorough understanding of General Ledger systems; knowledge of NetSuite and/or TM1 a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity