Digital Content Manager - Amman, Jordan
International Social Impact | Amman, Amman Governorate, Jordan | Full Time
Sesame Workshop has an opportunity for a Digital Content Manager to join our growing team in Amman, Jordan which is driving the exciting new vision for Ahlan Simsim. With a passion for children’s educational media, you will manage the creation of fresh and exciting digital content that engages Ahlan Simsim’s audience (children, parents and caregivers), drives viewership, expands our reach, and deepens our impact across the Middle East. Your primary role will be to launch Ahlan Simsim’s online presence in the media landscape with a particular focus on social media platforms. You will work in an integrated manner with Jordan Pioneers, the Amman-based company producing the show. You will also coordinate closely with the in-region social media manager of our partner, the International Rescue Committee and with the advertising agency selected to support the program launch.
You are a leader and visionary who understands both the cultural norms and online habits of key audiences in the Levant and across the Middle East. You will be tasked to develop and implement a multi-platform strategy for to distribute content and engage the target audience on digital platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Email, and web pages.
A creative in your own right, you will develop content for our digital platforms independently and by way of hiring and overseeing third-party graphic designers, videographers, and editors. You have experience with and feel confident, designing engaging social media posts, producing videos, writing beneficiary stories, and editing web pages.
Please note: This position is based in Amman, Jordan and reports to the Managing Director based in New York, or as designated.
Content Development and Production
- Conceptualize, design, produce, create, edit, and proofread content for social media channels, blogs, website, email newsletters, scripts, gifs, etc.
- Create and implement a messaging framework for planning, writing, editing, and producing content for digital campaigns. Research the competitive landscape across platforms to revise and improve planning
- Pitch and budget for potential content ideas
- Develop, manage, and maintain an editorial calendar, delegate tasks, and ensure efficient, cost-effective, and timely production of all elements
- Facilitate timely execution of deliverables and proactively address bottlenecks
- Develop content plans, creative briefs, requests for proposals, production schedules, and status reports
Content Marketing and Distribution
- Manage ongoing web updates including content programming plans and management of video assets across various platforms
- Stay up to date with content marketing trends and explore new content deliverables
- Categorize, post, and maintain content in content management system
- Develop best practices and optimize content for sharing across multiple channels
- Analyze metrics from various sources to determine content consumption trends – specifically digital engagement metrics regarding views, downloads, sharing, etc. to optimize content form, depth, and placement
- Provide monthly metric reports
- Vet web content with program and research teams to ensure proper curriculum focus and educational value
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Studies, Television/Radio/Film, Journalism, Animation, or related field
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate competencies to develop and implement a multi-platform digital strategy that significantly grows the audience and online engagement, i.e. thoughtfully schedule a content roll out plan, be able to write in a defined brand voice for copy/text on posts, write responses to audience/fans, be able to come up with ideas for new content, and do any necessary research of the landscape to inform these tasks
- 10 years of digital media experience, with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in digital content creation (with significant exposure to interactive media for social impact in a profit or non-profit enterprise setting)
- Technical understanding of web, mobile, and console platforms, video production, digital media best practices, and attuned to industry developments
- Proficiency in MS Office and content management software
- Experience with Adobe platforms (Photoshop required)
- Understanding of web and social media publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset with an ability to align content to audience preferences
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- An interest in children’s media and experience with games and videos are strongly preferred.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience (not mandatory but will give you an advantage)
- Experience at a media, digital content, or production company
- Experience with video production: writing, interviewing, directing, shooting, editing, etc.
- Experience with social media management platforms
- Exposure to children’s media and/or non-profit enterprises
- Proficiency in two or more local languages
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.
Ahlan Simsim Progarm
Sesame Workshop was recently awarded the first-ever MacArthur Foundation 100&Change $100 million grant. Funding will support the execution of the largest early childhood intervention in the history of humanitarian response. In partnership with the International Rescue Committee (IRC), Sesame Workshop will bring early childhood education to Syrian refugees in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria. More information is available at https://www.sesameworkshop.org/what-we-do/refugee-response.