Department Coordinator - International Social Impact
International Social Impact | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop seeks a dynamic Department Coordinator for our International Social Impact Department.
The department is led by the Senior Vice President, International Social Impact, and composed of a team of dedicated program management, education, and production staff in our US-based headquarters and three country offices in Bangladesh, India, and South Africa.
The Department Coordinator will work as a key team member supporting the SVP of International Social Impact, to ensure successful day-to-day department coordination. The Department Coordinator will manage various activities for the SVP including scheduling, meeting planning, travel coordination, expenses and contracting, in addition to general support across the department in areas such as internal communications, onboarding, and maintenance of key files, supplies, and tracking systems.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, a collaborative team-player who is flexible, proactive, and able to work independently. They are also a detail-oriented problem solver with exceptional organizational skills and people skills and able to work in a diverse, cross-cultural environment. The ideal candidate will be able to manage complex schedules and operate calmly in high-pressure situations and be a quick learner who is able to adapt to a fast-paced working and learning environment.
Sesame Workshop currently follows a hybrid work model with designated in-office days determined based on the functional nature of the role. This position is based in New York, NY.
Please Note: The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
- Support with daily administrative tasks including pro-active calendar management for SVP and department
- Meeting preparation, expense processing, file organization, and travel preparation
- Assist department with administrative needs, including, invoice submission, and work tracking
- Track departmental PTO and manage monthly JournyX, timesheet submission, coordinating with other team administrative assistants
- Oversee departmental travel approvals, preparation, and security process, with support from team administrative assistants, supply ordering and serve as the point of contact for facilities and basic IT issues
- Assist with onboarding for all departmental new hires, liaising between new hire, hiring manager, and HR to develop onboarding plan and ensure pre-hire steps are completed; manage training on departmental policies and procedures
- Plan and coordinate logistics for meetings at the office and other sites domestically and internationally
- Work closely alongside the Senior Director and Manager of ISI Operations to determine cadence and priority of key meetings, reports, and communications
- Participate in meetings/calls when requested for the team and keep notes of meeting action points as needed
- Perform Internet-based research and prepare presentations and other materials, as needed
- Hire and oversee summer interns, as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-years of relevant office experience or equivalent work experience in an international mission driven organization
- Passion for systems and organization and excellent attention to detail
- Experience with complex calendar management, including demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and plan meetings
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to handle communications with discretion and professionalism
- Demonstrated skills in organization and critical thinking with proven ability to problem solve and follow up
- Experience with design tools for communications material
- Experience working across cultural contexts and global teams (scheduling across time zones, organizing global meetings, etc.)
- A team player who appreciates Sesame Workshop’s mission
Department Overview - International Social Impact
Sesame Workshop’s International Social Impact department develops and implements Sesame’s powerful initiatives to serve children and families around the world. We create and deliver early childhood development resources and tools for families most in need. Sesame’s research-driven initiatives support all aspects of children’s development – including foundational knowledge and skills, self-identify and belonging, social-emotional wellbeing, and more. We reach and engage children ages 3-8 and the important adults in their families and communities using multiple media platforms and innovative community-based distribution strategies – from television and radio to digital media, mobile technologies, classroom materials, teacher/provider training, community-based events, and more.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder since 1969. Today Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children. We’re in more than 150 countries, serving children through a wide range of media and philanthropically funded social impact programs, all grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the communities we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity