Department Coordinator - Education
Formal Learning | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Department Coordinator for its Formal Learning group. This is a small team dedicated to originating research-based approaches to curriculum and instructional design to optimize learning and impact for children and their educators and families. This group’s work entails developing media-enhanced research-based educational content, products, and services aligned to school-based curricula at national and state standards that build on Sesame Workshop’s trusted reputation as an innovator, researcher, and educational media organization. Our products and services are cross-platform – print, interactive digital, linear media.
This Department Coordinator role is a proactive point of contact and connection between team members, internal departments, Sesame’s leadership, and external partners, vendors, and stakeholders. The Department Coordinator is a keen problem-solver.
Manages the administrative and clerical project by performing day-to-day functions to keep the VP and team members organized, effective, and acting in accordance with Sesame Workshop policies and procedures.
- Motivate others to be organized and inclusive
- Ensure timely feedback and results
- Manage VP and the group calendars, annualized group and project schedules, and other areas of coordination.
- Develop and manage files
- Lead the processing and preparation of contracts and invoices
- Prepare expense reports
- Order office supplies
- Prepare reports as needed
- Support company-wide meetings as needed or assigned
Communications and Group Archivist
Ensures clear and consistent communications within and outside of the organization and acts as the archivist for the group.
- Represent the voice of the organization and group in written and spoken communications
- Manage the pipeline communication for the group to the larger organization
- Provide research and minor writing and copyediting
- Work closely with internal and external teams to regularly communicate with partners and vendors
- Work closely with communications, social media, and events teams to help ensure accurate timelines, feedback, and content
- Assist in the development of any project-related presentations, documents, and reports
- Help execute against project-related deliverables, e.g. maintain project files
- Maintain list of curated media
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of office or administrative experience
- Mastery of all of Microsoft Office Suite
- Any prior database knowledge a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity