Data Analyst - Google Analytics 360
Digital Media Engineering | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Data Analyst specializing in Google Analytics 360 data. The Data Analyst will be responsible for implementing the digital tagging and analytics measurement strategy and supporting data collection on all platform implementations (Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics 360 Suite, Customer Data Platforms like Salesforce and Pardot) and assuring the validity of the data on a continuing basis.
The Data Analyst should be highly skilled in working with SQL, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Big Query as well as one or more Business Intelligence tools.
The Data Analyst will be a member of the Digital Media Engineering (DME) team within the Technology & Engineering department. The position is located at our offices in NYC at 35 hours a week.
- Responsible for the execution of digital strategy in response to the needs of Digital Production and other Business Stakeholders.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. (tracking was working pre-release, but counts are now off... why? Traffic is up or down – is this real or is tracking off etc.)
- Centralize and standardize digital tracking, analytics, and associated data quality by working with developers and digital producers to determine appropriate metrics and behavior to track on new and existing properties.
- Administer analytics accounts, properties, user management, dashboards, and reports in Google Analytics 360 suite and Google Tag Manager
- Diagnose issues with existing platform configurations and tags, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze audience reach, engagement, and behavior metrics holistically across different business units while keeping in mind the custom needs and use cases.
- Support stakeholders to create custom reports for their business needs.
- Identify areas of inefficiency and develop methods for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline,
- 2+ years experience of working with Google Analytics and familiarity with GA360 suite (Data Studio, Big Query)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Hands-on experience with Tag Manager
- Familiarity with:
- Web APIs
- Production process for digital products and properties.
- Queries, dimensions, and cross schema reporting
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration, but also able to work independently.
- A critical thinker with aptitude to isolate and fix technical issues related to the flow of data.
- Passionate about the accuracy of data and its value to inform business decisions.
- A passion for helping kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.
- Experience in media and/or children's education a plus.
- Understanding HTM/HTML5/CSS/Java Script.
- Knowledge of front-end languages (Phyton, NodeJS, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with A/B testing tools such as Optimizely
- Understanding of SEO
- CRM software and email marketing tracking
- Open source PHP based CMS platforms
- Project and workflow management tools such as Jira
- Other dashboard reporting tools such as Tableau
- Familiarity with AppFigures, Flurry or other analytics tools
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled