Creative Services Project Director - Social Impact
Creative Services | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Creative Services Project Director - Social Impact. The Project Director is responsible for managing Creative Services projects of varying size and complexity from initiation, strategy, planning, design, execution, and monitoring, through to completion of a project. Project Director coordinates project initiation for design and collateral materials, social and digital content, web, video, events & environment branding.
Please note: This position is a fulltime contract position located at our NYC Headquarters.
- Working closely with the Social Impact, act as the liaison between primary stakeholders and creative, marketing and digital teams for a wide variety of initiatives for print and interactive
- Become the ambassador for the Creative Services, upholding the branding and graphic standards set forth by the department while seamlessly interfacing between internal partners and external vendors.
- Develop the overall project management strategy for each project: lead kick-off meeting, assist in creative brief development, build timeline and contingencies, negotiate budgets and generate estimates.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of each project, securing input and feedback from internal partners; work closely with various vendors including vendors, designers, developers, producers, photographers, writers, exhibitors.
- Assess and define priorities – balancing competing projects, tight deadlines, and stretched resources. Manage budgets, prepare contracts, track invoices and monitor project costs.
- Print/Web/Video Production: ensure quality production and delivery of material are on-time and within budget. Manage the workflow/priorities for the creative team. Work closely with production to ensure all expressions of
- Sesame Workshop reflects creative standards and capture the Workshop’s unique personality and effectively meet upon agreed goals.
- Work with stakeholders on the process, and navigate approvals
- Strong knowledge of print production and working with vendors to develop multiple estimates
- 8+ years of Account Services / Project Management experience, managing strategic branding and creative projects from concept to completion
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence effectively without direct authority, balancing between competing priorities while remaining flexible and creative.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office 365 programs, SharePoint or Creative Workflow tools. Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint a plus
- Ability to understand and deliver upon branding and style guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, interacting with senior executives and creative teams alike
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Working knowledge of design, photography, video, print and/or graphic production workflow required.
- Quick and flexible problem solver, estimating design & production project costs and schedules
- Supports Marketing and Creative Lead as required. Conducts post-mortem reviews on key projects.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled