Creative Director, Creative Services
Creative Services | New York, NY | Contract
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Creative Director for our Creative Services Department. The Creative Director will partner with Media & Entertainment business to inspire vision, deliver on mission and raise level of brand excellence for consumer products and entertainment.
- Partner with Content Development and Marketing to creative brand strategy for new content
- Align Sesame Street for uniﬁed brand for global audiences
- Elevate Creative Services to creative partner to collaborate with lines of business
- Lead, manage and coach CS Design Directors to vision, and raise profession
- Thought leader in creative for consumer product brands: product development, fashion, experience, retail + toy trends
- Manage and coach CS Design team to grow in conﬁdence to inspire creative authority.
- Experience with inspiring brand expansion across platforms, working with lines of business.
- Share creative expertise for brand development across platforms: experience, retail, marketing, social media, product development, consumer products packaging and trade. Networks across the industry.
- Drive creative direction for character art and design to revitalize legacy brand and launch new ones.
- Ensure brand quality and consistency across all product categories and raise the level of design excellence. Experience driving relationships with partners for elevated results.
- Implement strategic thinking to improve communication with all lines of business, departments and create cross-category impact.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills - for working with Business, Marketing and Production to streamline process and elevate creative solution.
- Proven leadership: constructive direction to a team of designers
- Manage work ﬂow through the team to effectively using all resources and prioritize projects
- Ability to continually provide creative and fresh ideas to communicate with the customer
- Strong sense of design, color and typography
- Ability to create and direct designs with a focus on accuracy, product, copy and brand consistency
- Ability to prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage a team through the use of constant, honest feedback and communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible, positive attitude and the ability to accept and give constructive feedback
- Ability to work as an effective leader of a small team
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to determine processes, campaigns, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, manager and vendors
- Proﬁciency with Mac computers using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator