Legal | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop seeks a Counsel to work in a variety of practice areas unique to a global nonprofit educational media organization: licensing including content licensing, digital distribution, philanthropy and social impact, marketing, live events and appearances and information technology.
The Counsel will report to the Deputy General Counsel. The Counsel’s responsibilities may include:
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating various agreements in the areas of: licensing including content licensing, digital distribution, philanthropy and social impact, marketing, live events and appearances and information technology.
- Advising internal clients on a wide range of legal and contractual matters.
- JD degree
- Admission to the Bar (Candidate must be in good standing, and if not admitted in New York, must be willing to register as in-house counsel in New York)
- 4-6 years’ relevant experience in licensing, intellectual property and corporate transactions, including experience in a competitive law firm environment
- Proficiency in office technology including Microsoft Office 365, eDocs, SharePoint
Experience in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Transactional experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts in relevant practice areas
- Substantial experience advising clients on day-to-day legal and contractual issues
- Familiarity with industry norms and practices in relevant practice areas:
- Experience with ancillary rights for media properties including content licensing (with a focus on digital media and publishing), product licensing, digital distribution, web sites and social media accounts
- Experience with transactions and collaborations to support the implementation of international mission-based projects
- Experience with legal issues related to nonprofits, public charities and fundraising
- Experience with grant agreements, cooperative agreements and collaboration agreements with funders and non-profit partners.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to quality, and passion for results
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and schedule work effectively in an often demanding and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to delegate work and supervise others effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity